The authentically dressed and lifelike dolls each represent a girl who is working to change her community in ways that are unique to her home country. Included with each doll are a friendship bracelet and a story booklet that explains how these multicultural girls live and contribute to their families, communities, and culture. Each doll also comes with a special code that unlocks a free membership to the kid-safe Hearts For Hearts Girls website, which features:
- Additional information about each of the Hearts For Hearts Girls and the countries in which they live
- Educational activities and lively games that are fun and rich in culture
- Intriguing stories about real girls who are making a difference
- While all girls are welcome to visit the site, the code unlocks access to additional features, including a larger array of games and a “myHeart” page
Additionally, through a partnership with World Vision3, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each Hearts For Hearts Girls doll is donated to programs that support girls in that doll´s country. Whether it´s malaria nets in Africa, schoolbooks in Asia, or food supplies in the United States, these programs help girls to thrive and succeed.
Help to make a difference one doll at a time by being among the first to preview a doll from the Hearts For Hearts Girls line before they are available in retailers this fall! In addition, you and your readers can visit http://bit.ly/ShopH4HG and enter the coupon code “DUXNT4S1″ to receive $3.00 towards the purchase of a Hearts for Hearts Girl doll today!
Meet the six Hearts For Hearts Girls:
- Meet Consuelo from Mexico City. Colorful and warm, Consuelo provides aid to hungry children who are homeless and live on the streets near her parents´ bakery.
- Meet Lilian of Belarus. Determined Lilian provides aid to girls whose parents must find work in the big city and are forced to leave their children with orphanages.
- Meet Dell from the heart of Kentucky´s Appalachian Mountains. Dell creates music and knitwear to share with others in need of warm clothing.
- Meet Rahel of Ethiopia. Rahel, who dreams of becoming a doctor so that she can make a real difference for people in her region, journeys with her family into the wilderness of Ethiopia to help bring back aid to her community.
- Meet Tipi from Laos. Based on a real girl who shares her art and storytelling with others through dancing, drawing, and puppetry, Tipi leads her school in a mural contest in hopes of winning much-needed books for her class.
- Meet Nahji who hails from Assam, India. Brave Nahji breaks tradition to bring courage and education to the girls who work in the tea fields of India.
We received Tipi- she is from Laos, and based on a real child who is trying to make the world a better place. Tipi is an artist who wants to bring books to her school by helping them win a contest. You can read all about her on the website.
Most of you know that I am a tried and true hippie-chick, and that I spent years volunteering overseas, and and am active now locally. I truly feel that you need to walk the walk, and be the change you want to see in the world. I try hard to pass this on to my kids, and to the kids in my classes. It is really refreshing to see a product that is not only well made, but helps kids learn about others, other cultures, and learn empathy and social responsibility. Kids love to play with dolls, this expresses their loving and caring natures. This will take that one step further- and teach them about other cultures and helping others.
(Your purchase will also help children- doesn’t that help you decide which doll to buy?)
You can follow Hearts For Hearts Girls on Facebook to keep up with all their news.
These are nice, pretty, well made dolls- but more then that- they are for a good cause, and they will educate your kids in several arenas. For me? Best dolls ever.
Disclosure: The Hearts For Hearts Girls doll, information, and coupon have been provided by Playmates Toys through MyBlogSpark.