The following is a guest post by Outside the Box Mom:
Thanks to your comments on this series, we have some great questions to address…
I get frustrated easily. I’ve tried to coupon but why do I always fail?
Frustration is defined as being unfulfilled or unsuccessful. It leaves feelings of being prevented from something or having dissatisfaction.
There are many rules and regulations to using coupons. So, without patience, organization, and persistence, one can become easily frustrated with using coupons.
In my own personal experience, I have gone through seasons where I didn’t set foot into a store (I sent my husband), I didn’t use one coupon (I purchased the least expensive option), I passed on deals (in favor of making 1 shopping trip), or we didn’t go to any store at all (we just made due with what we had). I’d rather take a short break and get some rest, than completely give up on the coupon game.
Are you a Frustrated Couponer?
- don’t feel like you’re really saving any money
- would rather not hassle with coupons
- dread clipping or organizing coupons
Why Couponing Can Be Frustrating
- lack of coupons
- complicated deals
- your area got a lower value coupon than other areas
- unclear, improperly enforced store policies
- going to too many stores
- attempting too many deals
- store out of stock
- store policies about internet coupon use
- can’t find product
- not saving “enough”
- the kids are distracting you
How to Overcome Your Frustrations
Recognize the season of life you are in. Do you have enough time and patience right now to dedicate to learning, using, and saving money with coupons? Be honest with yourself and act accordingly.
Why You Are Not a Failure
If you save any amount of money, it’s still saving. Adjust your expectations. Start small and build from there.
Submit your questions and challenges in the comments and they will be addressed in future posts.
If you missed any posts in this series:
- Goals when using coupons
- Common reasons why people don’t use coupons
- #1 obstacle in using coupons
- Types of coupons available and where you can get them
- Ways you can organize your coupon stash
- How to make a grocery list
- Shop at different stores to stretch your buck
- Know the sales cycle
- Start small
- I have no luck in couponing
- No coupons on products I buy
- Remembering to use your coupons
- Am I a casual couponer?